Best rose cocktails
Rose cocktails have become a Summer staple in recent years, something we can totally get behind. What’s a better Summer tipple than a cocktail with rosé in it?! Yes, please.
For the prettiest pink cocktails to share with your friends and family this Summer, we’re sharing a few of our favourite rosé cocktail recipes below. We promise they’ll become your go-to this season! Folc’s distinctive pale hue works wonderfully with all five of these drinks - they’ll have you refreshed, delighted and more in love with Folc rosé than ever!
For a fresh twist on a Spanish classic, try a rosé sangria. We love this cocktail as it can be made ahead of time and served from a punch bowl (find a gorgeous vintage crystal or glass one at a Sunday market!).
- Mix one bottle of Folc with one cup of silver tequila and a cup of lime juice in your bowl.
- Add some Agave syrup to taste, and then any red or pink fruit you like! Hulled strawberries, watermelon and blueberries all look and taste gorgeous.
- Provide your guests with ice-filled tumblers and either sparkling water or plain kombucha to top up their sangria.
- Garnish with basil leaves and there you have it!
This drink also pairs perfectly with the fish tacos we suggested in our article on pairing food and Folc, so you could turn things into a real Mexican fiesta.
If you’re feeling fancy and are keen for something that needs a little more effort, lavender lemonade rosé cocktails are the one for you. These require you to make the lavender syrup yourself, which can be done ahead of time or with an audience if you feel like impressing.
- Take two teaspoons of dried lavender and mix with the zest of two lemons and a cup of granulated sugar using your hands. This will take about two minutes while the heat from your hands helps the lavender oil infuse with the other ingredients.
- Dissolve in a saucepan with two cups of water for about four minutes and then leave to cool. Strain out the lavender and lemon zest, combine with the juice of around five to seven lemons and you’ve got your lavender syrup!
- Combine 60mls of syrup with 120mls of Folc over ice, top with sparkling water and garnish with a sprig of lavender.
Cheers to being the hostess with the mostest!
If you’re feeling a little lazier, a pub classic might be just the thing to carry you through a Summer afternoon, and if you want to feel hydrated and ultra refreshed whilst enjoying your bottle of Folc, look no further than a rosé spritzer. Beautifully simple, this drink has endured in popularity not only because of its simplicity, but also its deliciousness.
- Splash around 120mls of Folc into a glass of your choice, and throw in some ice.
- Add roughly a third of sparkling water and toss a sprig of thyme on top.
Simple? Absolutely. An enduring favourite that has stood the test of time? Without a doubt.
Once the sun sets and you’re feeling a little more lively it’s time for things to get shaking, and that’s where mojitos come in. But this summer it’s all about gin and Folc paired together rather than the standard white rum style cocktail.
- Gently bruise around ten mint leaves at the bottom of your cocktail shaker
- Add ice and 35mls of gin, 10mls of fresh lime juice, 15mls of simple syrup (just dissolve two parts water to one part sugar on the stove and allow to cool) and top off with 50mls of Folc.
- Gently shake the whole lot up and serve in tall glasses topped with soda water and garnished with fresh berries and mint leaves.
Another scrumptious gin and Folc option is a gimlet. This one looks special, but only requires three magic ingredients.
- Add 25mls of gin, 75mls of Folc and 25mls of lime juice to a cocktail shaker
- Shake over ice.
- Strain into chilled coupe glasses and garnish with a lime twist.
Very poolside we think - the perfect place to recover from all the spoils of your Folc cocktail making efforts.